Supervisory or Protective Agent
- We fully understand that TIME is MONEY for ship-owners/ charaterers alike, who hired ships and its time for transport of Cargo.
- We take keen interested in the fact that charterer of a vessel is paying for every minute of time of hire of the ship. We understand that the value of the time of a vessel is considerable.
- We spare no time and effort for speediest turnaround time of the vessel and make idle and unproductive time in the port, minimum.
- It is the shipping practice in this port that shipping agency department (S.A.D) of Myanmar Port Authority (M.P.A) handles the agency matters of vessels calling Yangon Port. They are the official agent.
- It is also the practice, almost a custom now and essential here in this port to hire a supervisory or protective agent to look after the interest of owners/ charterers.
- So, we are the protective agent under the supervision of government agency department (S.A.D). Our function is to protect the owner’s/ charterer’s interest, save expenses, helps quick turnaround time, supervise discharge/loading operation of vessels, attend vessels daily and arrange its requirements, supply stores and fix up repair works of vessels if any at owner’s advice.
- Regarding Port D/A, it is the S.A.D government agency that charged your vessel for the services rendered by various departments. Chief accountant of M.P.A prepared bills as per Port Tariff promulgated in the small booklet that owners/charterers should possess one for calculation of all expenses involved before committing any adventure and calling this port. So port D/A is between your vessel and government agent and we as your protective agent checked all bills if they are correct and charged as per tariff booklet. They will advise you to deposit about 20% more than actual bill that is for unexpected and emergency expenses. The surplus of this deposit money in the bank account of S.A.D after settling your account will be refunded back to your account one month after vessel sailed out or you may carry over the balance for next voyages.
- For Private wharf, stevedore charges, wharf charges and fresh water supply and any other expenses can be settled direct with private wharf company or through S.A.D.
- We take this opportunity to introduce ourselves as a reputed shipping agent backed up by a team of experienced master and engineer and young and dynamic professionals In the field of handling, Timber Cargo round logs of Teak and hard wood and all types of general cargoes for more than a decade. We have gained experiences in handling various commodities, especially Rice, and Timber logs the major export of this port and steel products, fertilizers and Cement, the major imports.
- Our experienced ship master/engineers will look after your vessel in loading for maximum cargo, speedy and safe operation. They will help your ship master up to their full satisfaction in discharge/loading operation and during the port stay and safety on the sea passage to destination port.